feeling needed, wanted, and unconditionally loved are basic human needs. i sometimes wonder if i'm ever going to be content with just being alone. if raising my son is "enough". but what happens when he leaves to better himself? soon, i won't be his world. instead he'll have his own group of friends he wants to talk to and play with. what will i do then?
it is so easy to focus on what i could have but what about what i do have? i can't complain. i could always tell you all of the things that would improve my life but what good will that do? i have it pretty good now.
- my son is healthy and smart.
- i have a roof over my head and food on the table.
- i have a strong relationship with my mother.
- hands down, i know at least 3 ladies who would pick up the phone at all hours to talk to me.
- i have a job and a car.
- i get aid to attend school (that i have an 'a' in)
- i have an improving relationship with God.
- i have this blog as an outlet.
- i have books to read when i'm bored and/or lonely.
- a supportive family.
i could list so much more. the point is. all of this and my heart is still longing for someone to give it to. i wish i was stronger sometimes. i'm just an "all in" type of girl. i wasn't cut out for dating.